Lake Crowley Rentals
We offer lakefront rentals at the Crowley Lake Marina from mid-May through early October. We meet you at the water’s edge with all of the kayaks and gear so you do not have to transport the equipment.
After a short lesson and paddle stroke review, we provide a description of recommended destinations. The Crooked Creek inlet is a great place to paddle to and offers sheltered water and calm conditions.
Lake Crowley Rental Rates:
- Sit-on-top singles: Two hours $30.00, each additional hour is $15.00
- Sit-on-top doubles: Two hours $50.00, each additional hour is $25.00
- Recreational doubles with rudders: Two hours $60.00, each additional hour is $30.00.
Lake Crowley is about 12 to 13 miles south of the town of Mammoth Lakes. From Mammoth Lakes take highway 395 South. Take the Crowley Lake/Hilton Creek exit off of highway 395 and you will turn left and drive over the highway on the overpass. Check in at the main gate and give the gate person your name and let them know you are renting kayaks. Go through the main gate and drive down the hill. Straight ahead is an area signed “trailer parking”. We set up our truck and trailer on the beach below the trailer parking area to the left of the flag. You can drive down into the trailer parking area.
Rental Checklist: Recommended gear.
- Water shoes: Booties or sandals with ankle straps (Teva or similar) or old Sneakers
- Boating or bike gloves, light garden gloves
- Shorts or synthetic long pants, zip-offs pants.
- T shirt, Light synthetic sweater
- Wind breaker or jacket.
- Sunhat, sunglasses with retainers, sunscreen
- Lunch and water
- Small beach towel
- Quick drying long pants and long sleeve sun/salt shirt.
- Camera, binoculars, Dry bag
Tips for success
We are not always at Lake Crowley so please call ahead for reservations.
Mornings are generally better before the wind picks up. Some afternoons can offer pleasant paddling if the weather conditions are favorable.
No Experience Necessary
Families and children welcome
INQUIRE ABOUT KAYAK RENTALS:
Caldera Kayaks typically offers kayak rentals mid-May through mid-October, based on availability. To check for availability and reserve your kayaks, please fill out the form below and tell us a bit about yourself and when you plan on being in the area.